Yahoo email offers excellent service for communicating and sharing data among its users. Apart from providing the emailing services, Yahoo also provides its users with chat messenger, schedule organizer, Yahoo search engine, etc. Despite delivering such excellent facilities, Yahoo users may sometimes face Yahoo mail error 999.
Due to this, the Yahoo users will get an error message saying Yahoo mail network error unable to connect and process your request at the time. Well, this is a Yahoo technical error and can be resolved if you are aware of the reasons for the failure.
Possible reasons behind Yahoo error 999
- Yahoo email user is using a shared internet connection to access the data.
- The web browser is incapable of accepting cookies from Yahoo mail.
- Malware or virus is changing your system settings.
- Accessing Yahoo mail via a third-party application.
- Receiving/sending numerous email messages suddenly.
- High traffic from your system’s IP address.
How to fix Yahoo mail error 999?
- Disconnecting and reconnecting your internet
If you have been using a “Dial-up modem,” you need to disconnect it for a short while and then reconnect it. Also, turn off the proxy for some time. After reconnecting your internet, check if the issue has been resolved.
- Turning off/on your proxy server
The proxy server method has proved to be a success for several Yahoo email users. Yahoo email service notifies the IP address and traces the network traffic that comes up. Changing the proxy server will help in generating the new IP address for accessing your Yahoo mailbox.
- Examining different device
The device used by Yahoo users to access their Yahoo email account might not support the Yahoo application. Try using a different device for logging in to your Yahoo email application.
For further help on Yahoo error 999, you can directly get in touch with our Yahoo email techies.
If there is a Yahoo mail certificate error 2016, you can solve it similarly by first identifying the reason for the error and then implementing the resolution.
Possible reasons for Yahoo mail certificate error
- Your system’s date and time are different from the actual date and time.
- You are using an older version of Internet Explorer to access your Yahoo email account.
- The displayed data is old data.
- Yahoo website’s security Certificate must have expired.
Quick fixes for Yahoo mail certificate error
You can try a few quick fixes mentioned below for Yahoo mail certificate error:
- Correcting your system’s date and time.
- Clearing your system’s browser’s cookies and cache.
- Ensure that you are using the Yahoo mail services on the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Try accessing Yahoo on the browser recommended by Yahoo email.
- Uncheck the boxes for “Check for publisher’s revocation” and “Check for server certificate revocation.” These boxes are available under the Internet options of your system.
- If the security certificate has expired, the problem will fix on its own after a few minutes.
If you are still stuck with the Yahoo certificate error, you can get it resolved with our Yahoo experts’ help.