To buy the specific equipment is a very skillful and tedious task. There are numerous models of particular equipment and vendors available in the market. They provide the option to either buy the new equipment or to buy secondhand. The buying of these products requires special skills to judge the state of all the parts and to check whether they are working properly or not, to avoid any later problems. Here are some guidelines that every lab manager should follow before purchasing any equipment –
- Make a list of equipment you need – When you decide to buy any automobile like a car, firstly you have to think you need a car, truck or SUV. Similarly, before purchasing any equipment like lab testing equipmentmake a list of types of equipment and their models required in your lab and then only begin to shop. It will help you to choose desired products quickly. Also, consider the features and brand of the equipment you are looking for. Knowing the basic requirements will help to manage the budget as well as save time while shopping.
- Listing of vendor options – The equipment vendor varies from the manufacturers to the 3rd party suppliers. Even there are many auction sites available online. Make the list of the local vendors as well as online sites and analyze the warranty and service contract of them. It is highly recommended to choose the manufactures as they are skillful than others and provides the best information regarding the products.
- Demonstration – Whenever you decide the vendor asks him to demonstrate the working of the equipment before purchasing equipment from him. It will give you a chance to judge the workings of the particular equipment and to see whether it’s all parts are working properly or not. It will protect you from any scam and also ensures that you only buy the quality equipment for your lab.
- Ask the service contracts – Always ask for the services contracts like – warranty and repair services offer by the vendor. By this, you can get some free services as well as in case your equipment doesn’t work well you can replace it or get your money back if you have a warranty contract with your vendor. Obtaining a service contract will allow free or low cost and effective testing of your equipment.
- Reviews of others – When you are finally ready to buy the particular equipment say material testing equipment from the specific vendor always considers the reviews of the others. It is recommended to do some research and find if others face any problem while operating with any equipment. Also, read the reviews of the vendor and the deals offered by them will help to choose only trustworthy vendors.
The equipment may be difficult to handle and operate. So, handle them wisely. As they are expensive always search the best skillful manufactures to avoid any money loss. You can also refer to online websites for more information regarding the purchasing and handling of the equipment.