Textile/Fabric design is a process of creating the look of fabric, and there can be different types of material with different types of methods by which the look of the fabric will be created. This is a creation of the artwork that will be on the surface of the fabric or built into the fabric of how it is made.
Textile/Fabric designing is a one-year diploma level designing course. The basic eligibility is 10+2 with not less than 55%marks. Based on the candidate’s performance in 10+2 exams, the admission process is carried out. Top institutes in textile design courses are:
- Indian Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore.
- Indian Institute of Fashion Technology, Chandigarh.
- Asian Academy of Film& Television, Noida.
- Inter National Institute of Fashion Design, Delhi.
- Manipal institute of technology, Ranchi.
- Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani.
Textile design is a part of the Fashion designing course.B.Des in Textile design is a 3-year full-time undergraduate course divided into 6 semesters. The course covers an advanced study of textile designing concepts and processes, such as design-related trends like embroidery, print, weaving, and coloring. To secure admission in the PG level textile design course, candidates should have completed their graduation from a recognized college.institute.
Require skillset for textile/fabric designing:
- Effectively communicate.
- Strong artistic
- Good communication.
COURSE CURRICULUM:( Textile/ fabric designing)
- Applied science 1
- Applied science 2.
- Life span development.
- Textile science.
- Nutrition food science.
- Resource management.
- Current concerns.
- Extension for development.
- Nutrition for life span.
- Art design.
- Family dynamics.
- Fabric ornamentation.
- Textile science.
- Basic fashion illustration.
- Basic of pattern making.
- Garment trading.
- It is textile science.
- Traditional textiles.
- Textile chemistry.
- Fashion apparel design.
- Principles of management.
- Garment production management.
- Recent advances in textile sciences.
- Textile garment quality control.
- Fabric manufacture.
- Fundamentals of apparel merchandising.
So, this was all about Textile/Fabric designing. It’s the best institutes, course curriculums. Pursuing textile/ fabric designing, you can easily set your mark in the industry. With proper skills and passion, you will naturally succeed.