Are you thinking about having an explanatory video made for you?
When looking for an animated explainer video production company, you should definitely ask yourself the following questions:
- How long does the production of the explanatory video take by the respective provider?
- Are all commercial rights (sound, graphics, music) included in the price?
- Will the video be adapted to my corporate identity and will the adaptation be billed separately?
- Does the explainer video provider also create my script? Or does the scripting have to be paid extra?
- How quickly does the explainer video company reply to my emails?
- Do I have my own contact person by phone? If so, from when to when can this person be reached?
- Can I choose the speaker / voiceover voice from the respective explanatory video provider?
- Can I choose the characters that should appear in the explanatory video? Or does it cost extra?
- How many explanatory video styles (whiteboard, flat design, comic, handmade) are included?
- And how much does a revision of the explanatory video cost?
With the large number of explainer video agencies, it is not easy to find the right provider.
With the above questions we would like to make your search for a provider a little easier and help you with your decision.
So, let’s go!
1. How long does it take to produce an explainer video?
The completion time for an explanatory video varies from agency to agency and most explanatory video providers require a lead time of 10 to 20 days for a simple whiteboard video.
For a handmade video, it can take up to 2 months.
It is all the more important to know whether the agency also offers sprint packages and how much these costs.
At Animation Feast, you will receive your explanatory video within 3 to 5 days and you are probably wondering why we are twice as fast.
We were able to optimize our process due to the hundreds of explanatory video animations that we have already created, which gives us the opportunity to deliver a professional explanatory video within 5 days.
You will also receive our handmade videos after 40 days.
2. Are all commercial rights (sound, graphics, music) included in the price of the explanatory video provider?
You can of course also use a video animation or explanatory video for internal purposes. The most common reason for an explanatory film, however, is the marketing purpose. The videos are published on the website, TV, on Facebook, Instagram and Co.
For this, the commercial rights are extremely important.
Explanatory videos are available from some providers for as little as a few hundred Dollars. So you should make sure that all rights are actually included. From sound to graphics to music.
At Animation Feast, you get your explanatory film with all commercial rights at no extra charge.
3. Will the video be adapted to my corporate identity and will the adaptation be billed separately?
If you want an individual explanatory video, it should definitely be adapted to your CI.
Standardized explanatory videos are usually cheaper, but less individual.
If you want customization, you should definitely choose an explanatory video provider that offers completely individual videos.
While these come at a slightly higher cost as it takes a long time to develop a new and unique style, they definitely pay off!
At Animation Feast, you can get your individual explanatory video from 1,399 Dollars, adapted to the colors and design of your corporate identity.
4. Does the explainer video company also create my script? Or does the scripting have to be paid extra?
Anyone who has ever tried to formulate an advertising text knows that this is not an easy task.
The script is the foundation of the explainer video and should definitely be created by a professional. There are copywriters who have mastered this art.
When choosing the right agency, you should definitely find out whether the scripting is included in the price and will be taken over by a professional copywriter.
The professional copywriters from Animation Feast create your individual script for every video for free.
5. How quickly does the explainer video agency answer my emails?
Every employee and entrepreneur knows it. Waiting for days for answers, offers or information.
If there is time pressure, this can become very uncomfortable and delay the content plan or even an entire project.
Animation Feast will answer you within an hour, because reliability and the wishes of our customers are our top priority.
That’s why you should ask yourself the next question right away.
6. Do I have my own contact person by phone? If so, from when to when can this person be reached?
Without a contact person, a project can be quite exhausting, because with every call, all requests have to be repeated and nobody feels really responsible and responsible.
That’s why you have your own contact person at Animation Feast.
Together with the copywriter and the graphic designer, the three of them form a project team that accompanies you during the creation of the explanatory video and can be reached daily from 9 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
You can even get in touch with your contact person from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays.
7. Can I choose the speaker / voiceover voice from the respective explainer video provider?
Since not only the animations and background music are essential in an explanatory video, the speaker’s voice should also be adapted to your product or service, because you certainly don’t want the same voiceover voice as all of your competitors in the video.
For example, a woman’s voice is rarely used for a very technical product.
At Animation Feast, you can choose a speaking voice from a huge pool of over 100 speakers. In over 15 languages!
8. Can I choose the characters that should appear in the explanatory video? Or does it cost extra?
Would you like your employees, yourself or someone else to be animated in the video? Then you should ask whether the explainer video provider is able to design your own characters.
This is definitely possible with agencies that offer handmade videos.
However, such videos are often very expensive. Such videos can cost 20,000 Dollars and more.
With Animation Feast, individual characters are already possible in the premium version for 1,399 Dollars.
9. How many explanatory video styles (whiteboard, flat design, comic, handmade, frame by frame, laying technique) are included?
The decision between whiteboard, laying technique or a colorful comic video is not always easy. Many agencies often only offer very simple styles such as the laying technique or a whiteboard video.
At Animation Feast you can choose from 3 different explanatory video styles for the premium version.
The whiteboard video, the flat design video and the comic style. The handmade version would also be:
- 3D animations
- Stop motion animations
- Frame by frame animations
and much more included.
10. How much does a revision of the explanatory video cost?
Advertising texts, graphics and colors are often very subjective. Even the best graphic designer or copywriter doesn’t have to live up to your ideas right away.
Every person and company has different ideas and would like to have them implemented in the same way.
It is all the more important that a revision is included in the creation.
Because with a cheap offer without an included revision, you can experience your blue miracle after a few change requests.
The costs can explode here quickly and are often not communicated.
With Animation Feast, you have included a revision loop for your script as well as for the animated explanatory video.
So to summarize again:
What makes a good explainer video?
- The right explanatory video style
- A well-structured script
- A storyboard with good transitions
- A matching color palette
- A suitable speaker
- Emotionally correct background music
- Sound effects
I hope we were able to give you some valuable tips and support you in choosing the provider. Find out more about our tailor-made packages for you now. Visit Animation Website and talk to our representative now.