Want to prepare authentic Italian pasta and pizza at home? The most crucial step is getting the Italian pizza dough right if are planning to make pizza! Along with the base of the pizza, the dough is what gives the pizza its texture, holds together the flavours, and make you feel like you’ve been transported right back to Italy. If you aren’t going to be in Rome any time soon, your next best option to taste the mouth-watering pasta and pizza is to check out this recipe from the Walks of Italy crew.
Follow the given steps to prepare a sterling Italian tomato Pasta at home.
For Boiling Pasta:
1. 5 cup water
2. 1 tsp salt
3. 2 cup pasta
For Tomato Puree:
1. water, for boiling
2. 5 tomato
3. 2 dried red chillies (optional)
1. 2 tbsp olive oil
2. 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
3. 1 onion, finely chopped
4. 1 tsp chilli flakes
5. 1 tsp mixed herbs
6. ¼ tsp pepper powder
7. ½ tsp salt
8. 2 tbsp tomato sauce
For Boiling Pasta:
1. In a large pan boil 6 cup water and 1 tsp salt.
2. Once the water comes to a boil, add 2 cups pasta.
3. boil the pasta for 7 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked properly.
4. Drain off the pasta and keep aside for cooling.
For Pasta Sauce Preparation:
1. Boil water in a large vessel and drop 5 tomatoes in it.
2. Add 2 dried red chilli and boil for 5 minutes.
3. Drain off the tomatoes and chilli and peel the skin of tomatoes.
4. Blend to smooth paste of both and keep aside.
5. In a large pan saute 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 clove garlic.
6. Afterwards, add 1 onion and saute well.
7. Now add 1 tsp chilli flakes, 1 tsp mixed herbs, ¼ tsp pepper powder and ½ tsp salt and saute well.
8. Add prepared tomato puree, 2 tbsp tomato sauce and mix well.
9. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tomato puree is cooked completely.
10. Now add in boiled pasta and mix well.
11. Finally, grate some cheese and enjoy red sauce pasta.
Follow the given steps to prepare an authentic Italian Pizza at home.
*Note: Below recipe is for medium-sized 4 pizzas.
1. 600ml of warm water
2. 1 Kg Flour
3. 3 tbsp of fresh yeast or 2 tbsp of dried yeast
4. 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
5. 2 tbsp salt
6. 2 tbsp sugar
1. In a medium bowl with the warm water sprinkle the yeast. Stir until the yeast dissolves.
2. Place the flour in a wide container and pour yeast-and-warm-water mix along with olive oil, sugar and salt.
3. Knead all the ingredients together for 10 to 15 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Grease up a bowl with some olive oil and put the dough in it.
5. Cover the bowl and let it rest for at least four or five hours.
6. Preheat the oven to about 400°F, or 200°C.
7. Bring the dough out of the bowl and divide it in four and let it rest for a few minutes.
8. Roll each section into a 12-inch disc and transfer it onto an oiled pizza pan or baking sheet.
9. Cover the pizza with tomato sauce and add the desired veggies.
10. Bake the pizza until the crust is browned and the cheese is melted.
Enjoy the freshly cooked pasta and pizza with your family and friends or order spaghetti pasta online!!