Nowadays digital marketing becomes an important factor in any business growth. Because the whole world is indulged in surfing on the internet and spending most of their time on social media platforms. I know a question arising in your mind that what is the scope of Digital Marketing?
After reading this blog, I’m sure that you’ll be convinced to do digital marketing course to make your career bright.
Why Digital Marketing?
- As we all know the digital marketing field is growing faster than other career fields.
- In the upcoming time, all the Businesses & Companies around the world will have an online presence. So it will create a lot of career opportunities.
- There are multifarious career options in this field. Either you can choose web designing, content writing, and many more.
- You can wear whatever you want to. No restrictions
- As the technology is developing, this is also continuously growing. So it is a progressive field.
Digital Marketing Scope
There are a plethora of roles in digital marketing that you can choose.
Here are a few digital marketing job titles along with their average salaries:
- SEO specialist : $54,088/year
- Content marketing manager : $81,087/year
- Digital marketing manager : $73,114/year
- Social media manager : $50,489/year
- Paid ads manager : $47,079/year
- Partnership marketer : $50,528/year
- Branded content manager : $64,367/year
- Audience development manager : $77,646/year
- Content strategist : $72,742/year
Once you learned the basics of marketing, you can get specialization in whatever you are interested.
What Are Skills You Need To Get Hired As A Digital Marketer?
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)
Every website needs traffic from search engines like Google, Bing, or other to increase brand awareness and generate leads.
SEO is the method to optimize the content to come up in top google search results.
“Better the content, better the search results”.
- DATA ANALYSIS
Digital marketers need data to understand their campaigns. But for that, they need the skills to analyze the numeric data.
Apart from that, they need to be able to explain that data to other team members.
- CONTENT MARKETING
Content marketers and strategists are expert in storytelling to reach new audiences. They tell interesting stories through blog posts, videos, guides and EBooks.
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
The whole world is engages with social media every day.
Social media marketing requires strategies to promote brand and sell its products.
- PAID ADS
The paid ad is one of the inorganic ways to promote brands on different social media channels like Facebook , google, etc.
- GENERAL TECH SKILLS
Basic technical skills are required in this field to work with a web development team. This includes HTML & CSS.
Digital Marketing Tools That You Must Know About
Google Analytics is a great product of google to analyze the performance of your website. Google Analytics is a free tool as well as easy to install on your website.
- EMAIL MARKETING PLATFORMS
Email marketing is one of the preferred methods to generate leads. But it needs email marketing tools like Converkit, Constant Contact, and many more. So you need to learn at least one of these platforms ASAP.
- SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
Social media scheduling tools are the best tool to get traffic on your website. There are many social media scheduling tools that every company uses like MeetEdgar, Later, and many more.
- SEO RESEARCH
SEO research is the key to success in marketing. So Many SEO research tools are available for marketers. but the best SEO tool is google keyword planner. It’s a great tool by google that offers all the products for free.
- URL BUILDERS
To monitor your campaigns, you need to build trackable URLs. So there are many URL builders that can help you in your campaign. But before that, you have to learn how to build URLs.
Digital Marketing Learning Tips!
There are many digital marketing courses in the market that you can do but self study is must in every case. Here are the tips for learning Digital marketing:
- Start learning SEO. As many of the marketing concepts are based on SEO principles.
- Practice, Practice, Practice.
- Get Certified.
- Work with experienced Digital Marketers.
- Start your own blogging website.
- Never stop learning.
I hope this career guide will help you to grow in your career path in marketing. So if you want to become a successful digital marketer, then for a start you need to learn the fundamentals of marketing. If the basics are not clear, then you will find difficulty in understanding other concepts of online marketing.