Olives are very versatile and taste amazing in a range of dishes including pasta, pizza and antipasto platters. However, if you are looking for a quick and healthy dish to whip up using your favourite olives such as organic lemon and pepper olives, then salads are perfect.
Here are the best salad recipes you can make using your favourite delicious olives!
- Chopped Italian salad
Typically made in winter, this hearty salad can be enjoyed all year round and features a delicious symphony of flavours including marinated artichokes hearts, fresh orange and juicy organic olives.
- Dijon mustard x 1 teaspoon
- Chickpeas (rinsed and drained) x 1 can
- Fresh oregano (chopped) x 1 tablespoon
- Orange juice x 3 tablespoons
- Marinated artichoke hearts (drained) x 1 cup
- Provolone cheese x 100 grams
- Celery stalks (thinly sliced) x 4
- Iceberg lettuce (roughly chopped) x 8 cups
- Organic lemon and pepper olives (halved) x 1 jar
- Garlic (diced or crushed) x 1 clove
- Red wine vinegar x 3 tablespoons
- Organic extra virgin olive oil x ¼ cup and 2 additional tablespoons
- Small oranges (peeled, deseeded and cut into small cubes) x 2
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ¼ cup of oil, oregano, orange juice, a pinch of salt, mustard, garlic and red wine vinegar.
- Place the chickpeas and artichokes onto the baking tray and mix together with the 2 tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle in a bit of salt and transfer into the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take the tray out, give them a gentle toss and then put back in for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the organic olives, celery, iceberg lettuce, cheese and orange pieces into the bowl with the salad dressing. Toss well until combined.
- Add in the chickpeas and artichokes and mix through. Serve on a plate with an extra drizzle of oil.
- Lentil salad with lemon vinaigrette & green olives
Grab your favourite jar of organic green olives and impress your friends (and your tastebuds) with this easy yet tasty salad!
- Organic extra virgin olive oil x ½ cup
- Shallots (finely chopped) x 2
- Fresh parsley (roughly chopped) x 1 cup
- Fresh mint (roughly chopped) x 1 cup
- Organic lentils (rinsed and drained) x 1 can
- Fresh lemon juice x 1 lemon
- Organic lemon and pepper green olives x ½ a jar or as much as you like
- Chop up the green olives and shallots and then place into a large bowl. Mix in the lemon juice with some salt and pepper and put aside to slightly pickle for around 5 minutes.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil into a small saucepan and put over a medium heat. Once hot, add in the mixture and cook for 4 minutes. Remember to swirl the pan around occasionally so that all the ingredients are warmed through and slightly softened.
- Pour the vinaigrette back into the large bowl and add in the lentils. Toss to combine.
- Gently mix through the mint and parsley before serving.
- Salade niçoise with green beans
For a delicious vegetarian version of the French classic niçoise salad, this recipe is sure to excite your taste buds!
- Large eggs x 4
- Dijon mustard x 2 teaspoons
- Organic lemon and pepper olives x 1 cup
- Honey x 1 teaspoon
- Radishes (trimmed and quartered) x 1 bunch
- Organic extra virgin olive oil x 3 tablespoons
- Lemon zest x 1 teaspoon
- Green beans (trimmed) x 600 grams
- Fresh dill (finely chopped) x 1 tablespoon
- Shallot (finely chopped) x 1
- Small white potatoes x 340 grams
- Fresh lemon juice x 1 tablespoon
- Put a pot of water over high heat until boiling. Add the potatoes and boil for 13 minutes until tender. Then transfer to a bowl of ice water and chill for 3 minutes. Put onto some paper towels and gently pat to dry. Keep the bowl of ice water.
- Boil another pot of water and add in the green beans. Cook for 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Transfer the beans into the ice water and chill for 3 minutes. Transfer onto paper towel to dry.
- Fill the same pot with water and bring to a boil. Add in the eggs and boil for 8 minutes. Then transfer to the bowl of ice water.
- In a bowl, add the honey, lemon zest, mustard, shallots and lemon juice. Whisk in the oil and dill until all combined.
- Toss together half of the dressing and all the green beans into a large bowl. Arrange on a platter.
- Toss the potatoes and radish with 2 tablespoons of dressing and place on top of the green beans.
- Cut the eggs and lemon & pepper olives into quarters and place in a section on the green beans.
- Drizzle over the remaining salad dressing before serving.