Aloe vera gel is one of the most widely used herbal remedies for topical skin conditions. It also works magic on hair! The gel-like components of the plant are known to heal various skin and hair ailments. Right from soothing a sunburn to reducing an itchy scalp, aloe vera gel is packed with many benefits.
Let’s look at the many benefits of using aloe vera gel for skincare and hair care.
- Helps Eliminate Dandruff – Applying pure aloe vera gel on your hair reduces the intensity of dandruff and alleviates the symptoms of an itchy scalp. Take a generous amount and apply from the roots to the tips of your hair. Massage your scalp gently for a few minutes and wrap a hot towel on your head to let the aloe vera gel absorb in the follicles. Wash off with a mild shampoo and a conditioner.
- Reduces Acne: Aloe vera is rich in salicylic acid, which is excellent for acne-prone skin. Breakouts and acne are commonly caused by clogged pores or oily skin. Take a spoonful of Mamaearth Turmeric Aloe Vera gel and apply a thin layer on the face and neck. Let it stay for 15 minutes. Wipe off with a washcloth and warm water.
- Use As A Makeup Cleanser – Did you know that plain aloe vera gel is a wonderful makeup cleanser? Not only is it effective, but it also soothes the skin to the maximum and gives it a beautiful radiance too.
- Overnight Skin Nourishment – Let aloe vera-gel rejuvenate and hydrate your skin as you catch up on your beauty sleep! Massage your face, neck, and hands using aloe vera gel right before you hit the bed. Since it is non-oily, it gets absorbed into your skin quickly and provides deep hydration and moisturization as you sleep.
- Exfoliates the Skin – Ran out of your favorite scrub? Aloe vera is your best friend. Take two spoonsful of aloe vera, add a drizzle of organic honey to it, and finely sugar granules. Massage in a circular motion on your skin and neck to buff away the dead cells to reveal cleaner, softer and supple skin.
- Smoothen Your Feet – Cracked heels are a bane! Aloe vera’s nourishing and healing properties work to heal cracked heels to restore to its soft self. Apply a liberal amount of aloe-vera gel on your feet and massage for at least 3-5 minutes to boost blood circulation and for it to absorb completely. Wear your favorite socks to protect your feet.
- Soothe Sunburns – Because of its cooling, calming and soothing properties, aloe vera is your go-to remedy to treat sunburns and skin that has been exposed to the sun for a long time.
- Make A Hair Mask – Aloe vera is known to moisturize your hair. Try this simple DIY hair mask. Blend 3 tbsp of aloe-vera with a drizzle of honey, ½ tsp of olive oil, and 1 tsp of yogurt. Apply from roots to the hair tip. Wrap a hot towel and let it stay for 30 minutes. Rinse with a sulfate-free shampoo for a shiny, gorgeous mane!
- Lightens blemishes – It is known for its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, astringent and antiseptic properties. Along with these properties and a high moisture content, it reduces the intensity of blemishes and evens your skin tone with regular use.
- Use as a Facemask – Aloe vera makes an excellent mix for face packs. You can mix it with fuller’s earth, organic honey, and rose water to make a slightly runny face pack. Apply on the face and neck. Keep it on for 20 minutes and gently pat the mask with wet hands. Rub the mask on the face and neck in a circular motion to boost blood circulation and gently exfoliate dead skin. Wash with warm water and pat dry. Follow up with a moisturizer if required.
Isn’t it amazing that one ingredient is packed with multiple uses? From skin care to health care and more! Make the aloe-vera gel your companion for always!