“Maria had just moved to a new place where she had to set up her home. From every small detail to the bigger ones she needed to plan it all. Then came the need for new connections and taking a new LPG gas connection was as essential as the rest of the lot. Maria knew she had to keep a few things in mind as safety comes above all.”
LPG is being used across the globe for household purposes. It is no longer considered a luxury but an essential item for every household. It comes with a wide set of advantages but because of its high combustible nature one must never ignore the precautions and safety measures that are required to undertake while handling LPG.
The important safety tips that one must definitely follow are are:
- Always make sure you take a new LPG connection or buy a refill bottle from a trusted agency. Make sure your agency follows every safety measure.
- On delivery of your refill bottle or while setting up of your new LPG connection make sure to ask your agent for proper seals and caps.
- Before accepting the refill always make sure your gas delivery agent has checked the refill water for any leakages. Never accept a gas cylinder whose seal is broken.
- Once you have your new LPG connection or your refill bottle make sure the place has proper ventilation.
- Never leave your cooking unattended and make sure you switch off that knob every time you have finished using your cooking gas.
- Never allow toddlers or or someone inexperienced to handle LPG without any proper guidance.
- Make sure you never use anything that is flammable in nature while your cooking gas is in use.
- Whenever you sense any leakage or anything unusual with your LPG never hesitate to call for help.
- Whenever you are absent from your home for a longer time, not only make sure to switch off your stove regulator but also switch off of the LPG regulator.
- Maintenance is the primary step for a good LPG usage. Keep a regular check on pipes, caps, regulators and burners. Make sure to change them after a certain period of time.
- Always use pipes, caps and regulators from trusted and certified brands.
- One must always prepare themselves for an emergency. Do not panic panic. Always take care of ventilation and make sure there is no outlet of the cooking gas.
- In case of emergency switch of every electrical appliances and extinguish every source of fire.
- In case your cylinder catches fire, find a way to cut off oxygen supply in order to extinguish the flame.